[Year 12 Its] Re: Naming Conventions

robertw robertw at lakessc.vic.edu.au
Wed May 11 11:16:21 EST 2005

Hi folks,
It would appear to be the opposite to Java where the function of the method
is emphasised, and goes first rather than the GUI element that is the
vehicle for the processing.

void calculateBtn_actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) {
     //put your code in here
    }
Visual Basic began with a view that its pre-defined structural features were
the main key to solving the problems. Whereas Java, a language designed
before GUI's were incorporated into the language, has always had an emphasis
on the processes rather than the GUI structure.

Hence the reason you see Java adapting to mobile phone GUI's as much as
Windows or Linux,

but then again I could be wrong:-)

Cheers, RobW