[Year 12 Its] draft IT study design

Lawson, Margaret mlawson at stmichaels.vic.edu.au
Thu Aug 4 12:06:36 EST 2005

Gordon

I am still in the process of putting together some thoughtful feedback
for VCAA, but I agree with you in regards to the layout and organization
of the study design - much clearer to follow. Outcomes that drew upon
knowledge from three different areas of study were hell to work with.

But I am still struggling with calling the study design "ICT". I believe
that IT/Computers/Software Design/Information Management should stand
tall as a discipline worth studying at VCE. Naming the study design ICT
is fraught with danger as it is too closely confused with ICT in VELS.
If the study design has a clear "communication" area of study then it
would be appropriate to call it ICT. But at the moment I can identify
very little 'c' in the design.

One issue that many kids have with studying IT as a VCE subject is that
it is not a pre-requisite for any University courses - does anyone know
if this is changing?

Regards

Margaret