[Year 12 Its] draft IT study design

gordonp at horsham-college.vic.edu.au gordonp at horsham-college.vic.edu.au
Thu Aug 4 11:19:18 EST 2005

hi folks - a few study design thoughts,

In Systems it's great to see software development getting more coverage and the compressing of the SDLC. Shame to see PM tools still in there though.

I like the rationalisation of dotpoints too - it is a much clearer document, particularly for first timers. I still struggle with ICT as a label , reeks of change for the sake of change. I guess it won't last long though - by 2010 the no doubt renamed VCAA will come up with something rad like ....ahh 'computer science'!!

Unit 1 and 2 look ok - the study design is still suitably vague enough to allow plenty of freedom within the 6 main sub topics. Very pleased again to see more emphasis on programming though.

Lets say 8/10 - "showing strong signs of improvement"

cheers                gordon
---
Gordon Poultney