[Year 12 IPM] A little gotcha in ITA U4O1 task 3

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Nov 29 08:47:06 EST 2006

Oh Mark and colleagues

We always care what you do! Just as an example, I have had many
worthwhile conversations with teachers this year as a result of the
audit process. Quite a few schools have been identified as not providing
tasks in accordance with the study design. This can range from tasks not
being presented in the appropriate form, for example, giving students a
test when the task requirement is a written report through to tasks that
do not allow the student to demonstrate the outcome and achieve at the
highest level.

Regarding the specific query about visualising thinking tools, the study
design in the introductory paragraph to area of study 1 (page 31) states
'Students can use any appropriate software when retracing and analysing
the decisions made and actions taken when problem-solving'. Everything
that falls under an area of study (introduction, outcome statement, key
knowledge and key skills) must shape teaching and learning and
assessment. While the assessment handbook is advisory and not mandatory,
it is built around the study design, hence the connection between the
area of study and the comment in the assessment handbook 'highly
developed skills in the use of software tools to create ...'

Regards

Paula

Paula Christophersen

ICT Curriculum Manager