[Year 12 IPM] Premade PHP tools for virtual teams

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 23 10:35:51 EST 2006

I know ITA U3O2 may seem a long way off, but there's a lot to get used to.

I'm writing sample outcomes for ITA and in U3O2 (Virtual team websites)
I created a scenario of an amateur webmaster whose cult site has grown
beyond his ability to manage alone so he's recruiting an international
team of like-minded fans to manage the site as a team.

Since I made them all a bit retarded when it comes to writing stuff like
PHP and Cold Fusion, I looked at the control panel of my own domain to
see what open-source pre-made PHP tools the webmaster would have easy
access to that could help a team manage the site.

Here's the list.  You'll probably need to Google them to find what they
do.  When your kids tackle U3O2, these are the sorts of tools a
commercially-hosted website usually has free access to:

Tip: Wiki is particularly interesting and increasingly poplular as a
tool for teams to collate resources and joint documentation.

-------------------------

Blogs:  b2evolution, Nucleus, pMachine Free, WordPress

Content Management: Drupal, Geeklog, Joomla, Mambo Open Source,
PHP-Nuke, phpWCMS, phpWebSite, Post-Nuke, Siteframe, TYPO3, Xoops

Customer Relationship: Crafty Syntax Live Help, Help Center Live,
osTicket, PerlDesk, PHP Support Tickets, Support Logic Helpdesk, Support
Services Manager

Discussion Boards: phpBB2, SMF

E-Commerce: CubeCart, OS Commerce, Zen Cart

F.A.Q: FAQMasterFlex

Guestbooks: ViPER Guestbook

Hosting Billing: AccountLab Plus, phpCOIN

Image Galleries: 4Images Gallery, Coppermine Photo Gallery, Gallery

Mailing Lists: PHPlist

Polls and Surveys: Advanced Poll, phpESP, PHPSurveyor

Project Management: dotProject, PHProjekt

Site Builders: Soholaunch Pro Edition, Templates Express

Wiki: TikiWiki, PhpWiki

Other Scripts: Dew-NewPHPLinks, Moodle, Noahs Classifieds, Open-Realty,
phpAdsNew, PHPauction, phpFormGenerator, WebCalendar

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000 << new number!
School Fax   +613 9578 9253

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List

Doctor - We must all face reality sooner or later.
Dowd   - I wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy to
say I won out over it.  ('Harvey', 1950)