[Year 12 IPM] music copyright

Nikita Dulics dulics at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 11:48:11 EST 2006

I think this may be a valid reason to enable your student to go ahead with the project.

http://tinyurl.com/gclx9

"4. Will I be able to share my music collection with a friend?

No. You will not be able to sell, loan or give away any format-shift copy you make in a different format, but a friend can listen to your music with you."

Nik Dulics
 Stotts College
43-53 Elizabeth Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
9629 9966

Kerrie A Hammond <KHammond at tcc.vic.edu.au> wrote:    Hello all

 I have had a student approach me about converting a file from a music cd(which he has purchased legitamitely) to a mp3 so that he can use the music on a photostory project. The network manager at my school tells me that this is illegal. Can anyone throw any light on this issue?

 Thank you
 Kerrie Hammond
 Trinity College Colac