[Year 12 IPM] music copyright

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw.andrew.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 2 11:45:25 EST 2006

It is currently not legal to copy a commercial CD in Australia or to rip mus=
ic off that CD for any reason.

I have heard rumours of new legislation that will allow people to rip CDs fo=
r personal use, but I havent seen anything concrete.

see this link for more info:

http://www.copyright.org.au/information/specialinterest/music.htm

-andrew grimshaw
colac college