[Year 12 IPM] databases

Trish Cotter tcotter at koonung.vic.edu.au
Tue Mar 28 16:37:42 EST 2006

For what its worth - this is my opinion about teaching databases

whilst some of us may think that databases aren't sexy enough, they aren't a step backwards in my opinion. Databases are the bread and butter, heart and sole of information management - concepts taught when developing relational databases are extemely useful in IT. Content management on the web is the next huge area for kids to get a grip of so maybe I'll need some retraining in using MySQL, but I still think that for students to get even a little understanding of basic relational concepts is very important.

---
Regards,
Trish Cotter
Koonung Secondary College