[Year 12 IPM] OT: Girls in IT (was LAN gaming)

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Sun Mar 12 17:03:43 EST 2006

Pia Waugh - Vice President of Linux Australia recently spoke at the
following event... she says a similar event is being organised in
Melbourne... so I thought this might be of interest...

http://gogirlwa.org.au/index.php

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 22:52 +1100, Diane Peat wrote:
> Hello everyone
> In answer to Margaret's query about Computer Clubs, I hate to say we tried
> but had no takers, even among the Year 7 students!
> They just don't see it as 'cool'.
>
> Diane Peat
> Firbank Grammar School
> BRIGHTON   VIC   3186
> Tel	(03) 9591 5188
> Email	dpeat at firbank.vic.edu.au

donna benjamin - executive director
http://www.creativecontingencies.com/
ph +61 3 9326 9985 | mob +61 418 310 414
research - facilitation - web development