[Year 12 IPM] ITA ("IPM 2007") summary

Laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 3 17:36:34 EST 2006

We don't have problems interesting students in computing applications.

Any lunch time will see kids in two of our computer rooms working with
Flash, Dreamweaver, their Visual Basic project or some Multimedia or
Graphics packages. The problem is the examined content of IPM, a lot of
which is profoundly boring. I would like to see the theoretical
component limit its focus to SDLC, preparing design briefs and problem
solving procedures. Others would probably differ - maybe we should
examine the concept of electives? My students are mostly from NESB and
the textual component of the course with its emphasis on modern
bureaucratic language puts them at a distinct disadvantage.

Laurie

Laurie Savage