[Year 12 IPM] ultranet

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sat Jul 8 09:04:40 EST 2006

Waiting for a reply from Mark Kelly (kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au) as McKinnon
is one of the development schools for this.
Many previous discussions in the past from me and others (others and I ?)
can be found at http://www.edulists.com.au/htdig

An Australian open source "ultranet" racehorse "Moodle" is running
wonderfully in Oz and around the world. I just hope that DET is not
investing squillions of our dollars and time in another CASES camel which we
will all be forced to use to justify the investment....

There is the additional problem that Ultranet is likely to be proprietary
(user pays); closed source (no control over tweaking/ options or
development).

What IS happening !!!!

Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx:
9555 8617