[Year 12 IPM] OT : LAN gaming

WEIR Andrew WEIR at thomascarr.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 27 15:07:00 EST 2006

Apologies for the off topic question

Some of my students have expressed interest in wanting to run a lunch
time LAN party using the schools network before we rule it out or go
ahead with it I wanted to see if any other schools had actually done it
and what issues we might face.

We have already begun to look at the following aspects;
Game Rating and audience.
Licenses
Installation

The students wanted to use Counter strike. There idea is charge a small
admission fee and donate the money to charity.

Any help or advice would be great.
Andrew

Andrew Weir
Head Of Information Technology
VK3HFT
Thomas Carr College
35 Thomas Carr College Tarneit

Phone 9748 4466
Fax 9748 4388

Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. You
must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not
the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify Thomas Carr College on 03 9748 4466 immediately and delete
the e-mail and all copies. Thomas Carr College does not guarantee that
this e-mail is virus or error free. The attached files are provided and
may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility
for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly
from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of
the sender or not. Any views expressed in this e-mail are the views of
the individual sending the message, and do not necessarily reflect the
views held by Thomas Carr College.