[Year 12 IPM] Any advice and direction

Roy Smalley R.Smalley at chisholm.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 2 11:48:01 EST 2006

As a guide, I was just reading through some Monash Univeristy literature
- they provide staff with 100Mb for Email, and students with 40Mb.

Roy Smalley
Access Department
Chisholm Institute of TAFE, Frankston

Work: VCE IT Office  9238 8496

>>> "Brendyn Hancock" <hancobr at nagle.sale.catholic.edu.au> Tuesday, 1
August 2006 7:57:29 >>>
All

We are having fun at the moment with staff email accounts. To be
specific the size of them and the managing of them. Would some of you be
so kind as to tell me what your response to the following would be or
any other comments you may wish to share.

This is a staff mail server.
Do you set max mailbox sizes on your server?
If so how big?
Do you set max sent external email sizes?
Do you set max sent internal email sizes?
Do you automatically clean out users email trash bins?
If so how frequently?
Do you clean out email that has not been opened in the last, say 12
months?

Thank you colleagues.

Brendyn

Brendyn Hancock
IT Manager
Nagle College
5152 6122
Bairnsdale VIC 3875

those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of Nagle
College, Bairnsdale.