[Year 12 IPM] OT: Markbook Co-ordinator

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Wed Apr 19 18:31:26 EST 2006

Hello Leslie

I would echo the sentiments re great support from the MarkBook people. I would also add that overall it's a good package and teachers like using it. It's the admin that's the killer - as Laurie said get your data sorted right from the start, think carefully about your coding system for subjects, assessment items and so on (again, seek MarkBook's advice) or else you can get stuck with an unwieldy system.

I was fortunate that my AP had come from a 'MarkBook School' and so knew about the admin work load - I have a 4 period per week time allowance (50 min periods) plus an assistant who gets 1 period per week (she is also our attempt at succession planning - something I think you need with MarkBook because of it's sophistication)

Regards
Robert T-A
Brighton SC