[Year 12 IPM] frontpage - security

Sam Denniston samdenniston at iprimus.com.au
Mon Apr 10 17:46:37 EST 2006

You can create a password-protected site using javascript, which does not
use server-side authentication. The downside is that you can only have one
username and password, and the password is also sent in the clear. This is
not specific to Frontpage - you can do it in any program. Another way that
is relatively simple is to store stuff you want protected inside a protected
folder on the web server. Anyone trying to access pages within the folder
will have to use a password to get in. From memory I think you need to use
"haccess". Googling it should bring some results.