[Year 12 IPM] FW: some help needed re IT enrolments

fiona at balmoralhs.vic.edu.au fiona at balmoralhs.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 30 11:20:21 EST 2005

With such tiny numbers as we have at Balmoral, I have ran composite year 11 and 12 classes for the last 5 years.  Infact, all our VCE subjects run this way.  I will have 2 IPM students and 2 year 11 students in 2006.

The only alteration that I make is to manipulate parts of the year 11 course in order to coincide with what we are doing in year 12.  An obvious example is that I run unit 2, outcome 3 (networking) before unit 2, outcome 2 as my year 12's would be doing their unit 4, outcome 2 on networking at the same time.

The main benefit I have found is that there are some parts of the IPM course that I like the students to have at least 2 goes of trying to understand - SDLC, project management etc and I incorporate these into the year 11 theory but we cover the material in line with IPM.

Hope that isn't too garbled
Fiona Bain
Balmoral High School

btw my 2 students in IPM constitute a 20% take-up!!

---
fiona at balmoralhs.vic.edu.au
http://www.balmoralhs.vic.edu.au/