[Year 12 IPM] OT: What to do with old computers? (Lesley Humphries)

Michael Abulencia michael.abulencia at rmit.edu.au
Mon Nov 28 12:09:24 EST 2005

Hi Lesley,

I can think of 2 options for those old computers:

1.  Use for Comp. Sci. hardware installation or networking  units
Students (with proper supervision) can use it to practise on how to
actually build a computer from scratch.
They could also install open source software such as Linux (which has
tons of opensource software/programs) and have a play with it.

2.  Donate to an organisation
Engineers without Borders which I am a member, have an environmental
sustainability project in the area of ICT.
Your school can probably donate it for use in other needy areas.
http://www.ewb.org.au/

Best regards,

Michael

Michael Abulencia