[Year 12 IPM] OT: What to do with old computers?

Lel, Ronald A lel.ronald.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Nov 28 12:02:54 EST 2005

	-----Original Message-----
	From: ipm-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:ipm-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Lesley Humphries
	Sent: Monday, 28 November 2005 11:53 AM
	To: Year 12 Information Technology Processing and
ManagementTeachers' Mailing List
	Subject: [Year 12 IPM] OT: What to do with old computers?

	Dear all,

	I'm sorry if this has been discussed before and I missed it, but
I was wondering what other schools do with old computers they no longer
need. These are reasonable, at least Pentium I machines, complete with
monitors, keyboards etc. Any ideas?

	Thanks, Lesley
	Ms Lesley Humphries
	Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
	Santa Maria College
	50 Separation Street
	Northcote 3070
	Ph: 9489 764

	 snipped

	Try these:

	Community Based Recyclers

	RECRUIT NET
	Recycles computers for community groups only.
<http://www.recruitnet.com.au/community-comit.htm>

	Recruitnet's main location is in Collingwood. Phone number is
9416 2604. Website is at
http://www.recruitnet.com.au/community-comit.htm

	THE EQUIPMENT RECYCLING NETWORK INC. (ERNI)

	ERNI recycle computers and other equipment for people with
disabilities. They are open 9am -1pm Tuesday and Thursday.

	ERNI are locatred at 17 Greenwood Avenue, Ringwood. Phone is
9879 5211. Website is at http://www.erni.asn.au
<http://www.erni.asn.au/>

	ENHANCE IT

	Enhance distribute computers to disadvantaged people in the
Bendigo and surrounding regions.

	Enhance IT are located at 12 Hall St, Eaglehawk. The phone
number is 5446 3477. Website is at http://www.enhanceit.org.au
<http://www.enhanceit.org.au%20/>

	GREEN PC
	Green PC sell low cost computers to concession card holders.

	Green PC are located at 375 Johnston street in Abbotsford. Phone
is 9487 9355. Website is at  http://www.greenpc.com.au
<http://www.greenpc.com.au/>

	PC RECYCLING

	Refurbishes old computers sending them to needy customers in
other countries.

	PC Recycling are located at 87 Swan street, Richmond. Phone is
9421 2736. Website is at http://www.precycling.org.au

Ron Lel
Croydon Secondary College