[Year 12 IPM] Exam Post Mortem now online

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 10 19:36:30 EST 2005

Mark Scott wrote:
> Q12 (b)
> "Two factors that need to be considered by Eldorado when implementing
> the changes to their IT system are
>
>     * location of training
>     * ergonomic requirements for users.
>
> Your response to the second dot point was excellent."
>
> I would like you to see you handwrite the strategy into the box
> provided.

Yeah  :-)

I claim OPL (Official Poetic Licence - allocated by law to exam critics.)

I do take your point.  The amount of writing suggested by many questions
seemed excessive, and others seemed inadequate.

I keep telling my kids that where space or time is limited they need to
  make their most important point first, then their next most important
point etc. so if time runs out, they have got their most important
things said.

This, of course takes planning and forethought, which rules out 90% of
IPM students  :-(

(Sorry for the cynicism, but I do despair at the quality of students who
opt for - or get dumped into - IPM.  It seems to be a subject magnetic
to people who didn't get the subjects they REALLY wanted.)

<INTERVIEW>
What do you want to do in year 12?
Dunno.
What subject do you enjoy?