[Year 12 IPM] The Exam

Emma Coughlan aunty_em21 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 16:40:35 EST 2005

Afternoon everyone,

I could not agree more,

I was quite surprised that there was  not a specific
question on a Gantt or Pert chart. On the positive - I
do like the exam...

I like the Flow Chart in Q10!

AND Q14 - I like "Physical Security" - I think I will
hopefully have students who remember how to read the
exam!

Regards,

Emma Coughlan
St Helena Secondary College
Eltham North

--- samdenniston at iprimus.com.au wrote:

> Hi everyone:
>
> Very early exam post-mortem:
>
> Question 1 a) "List two features that improve
> password security."
>
> Now is this two features that relate to the cartoon
> or two general METHODS
> or TECHNIQUES for improving password security?! A
> feature is a distinctive
> attribute or aspect of something. I am thinking that
> students will look at
> the word features and ask themselves "features of
> what?!" Like for Question
> 4 b) the noun features refers to the screen-based
> output. Argh!
>
> Question 11 e) You can write user documentation
> concurrently with other tasks!!!!
> Argh!
>
> Question 12 d) Where is the router/switch?
>
> I am very surprised that there is no specific
> Gantt/PERT chart question.
> This is such a large chunk of Unit 4 and no doubt
> some of my students will
> be relieved but others will be annoyed that we spent
> so much time on them!
>

> Apart from the above I think it is a pretty good
> exam!

> and Assessment Authority and
> http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian

Enjoy your day as you never know whats around the corrner