[Year 12 IPM] The Exam

samdenniston at iprimus.com.au samdenniston at iprimus.com.au
Tue Nov 8 16:27:04 EST 2005

Hi everyone:

Very early exam post-mortem:

Question 1 a) "List two features that improve password security."

Now is this two features that relate to the cartoon or two general METHODS
or TECHNIQUES for improving password security?! A feature is a distinctive
attribute or aspect of something. I am thinking that students will look at
the word features and ask themselves "features of what?!" Like for Question
4 b) the noun features refers to the screen-based output. Argh!

Question 11 e) You can write user documentation concurrently with other tasks!!!!
Argh!

Question 12 d) Where is the router/switch?

I am very surprised that there is no specific Gantt/PERT chart question.
This is such a large chunk of Unit 4 and no doubt some of my students will
be relieved but others will be annoyed that we spent so much time on them!

Apart from the above I think it is a pretty good exam!