[ESL] ‎Incorporating Technology to Classroom Writing Activities

Jenny Lyn Fernando jennylynf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 20:28:12 EST 2007

English is one of the most prominent foreign language in the world that
every educated man should learn. Is it true that using technology,
particularly word processors, helps learners of a foreign language excel in
writing? There is considerable advantage when it comes to reduction of
instruction time and it is also a fact that students incorporate the
computer in almost all of their writing activities. I believe, however, that
this does not apply to ALL writing activities. For instance, writing is not
just mainly associated with literature -- this is the cliche that I have
observed present to some English teachers. Without proper facilitating in
the part of the teacher, it just won't work. Especially, we all know that a
lot of students still rely largely on the "ever reliable" spelling and
grammar checker of word processors.

--
Jenny Lyn Fernando
College of Education