[ESL] Teaching English as a Second Language

Jenny Lyn Fernando jennylynf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 20:22:50 EST 2007

A warm hello from the Philippines! My name is Jenny. I am 19 years old and I
am a 3rd year college student taking up bachelor in secondary education,
major in English, at the University of Santo Tomas. I am a Filipino and I am
very much interested in this mailing list because I believe it would be
useful for me since I am going to have my practice teaching at the Education
High School next year. I hope to discuss a lot of things about teaching and
learning English as a second language. I am glad to have found such a
wonderful site. I hope you could help, especially on how to improve teaching
English to high school students. Nowadays, I find it hard to make Filipinos
interested in learning English eventhough it is considered as our country's
second language. I hope you could give me your insights too. Thank you and
have a nice day!

--
Jenny Lyn Fernando
College of Education