[elearning] tablets vs ipads

Arnott, Suzanne S arnott.suzanne.s at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Dec 17 14:45:20 EST 2012

We trialled some tablets, but for many of the issues Jarrod mentioned we have opted down the ipad path. We are looking to run BYOD next year at our senior campus, and the only devices we are not able to develop a script for (to log on the wireless) is android devices.
I had been quite open about developing strategies for either platform, but the reality seems to be showing the process is easier with the iOs devices... disappointing... although the price of the iPad mini makes it more accessible to parents too.
Suz

Suzanne Arnott
[christmas-tree-smiling]
VCE Textiles and Fashion Teacher