[elearning] Consultation on direction of Australian Curriculum in ICT

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Apr 2 09:53:51 EST 2012

Dear colleagues

Apologies for the cross postings. The Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) has just released for consultation a shape paper that proposes the direction of the curriculum for Australian schools in 'The Technologies' from Prep (F) to year 12. The proposed direction is that the Technologies learning area comprise two strands - Design and Technologies and Digital Technologies. I urge you to consider providing feedback on these proposals, and the VCAA is providing opportunities for you do to so. As with previous consultation processes related to the Australian Curriculum, Victoria submits a consultation response to ACARA which represents the views of the government, Catholic and independent sectors. This of course does not preclude anyone from directly providing feedback to ACARA, but the VCAA is running two consultation programs with the primary focus of gathering feedback in order to submit a response. The sectors may also acquire feedback on this shape paper, but this feedback contributes to the Victorian one.

Consultation programs

*         A face-to-face consultation meeting will be held on Monday 23 April from 4:30 - 7:00 pm at Melbourne High School. If you want to attend this meeting please register here:
http://www.vitta.org.au/events/event/ict-in-the-australian-curriculum-2

*         An online forum (via Collaborate) for the secondary years will be held on Monday 21 May from 4:00 - 5:00

*         An online forum (via Collaborate) for the primary years will be held on Thursday 24 May from 4:00 - 5:00.

To register for participation in one or both of these programs visit:

http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/natcurric/registrations.html
Regardless of whether you are able to participate formally in this consultation process, I urge you to read the Technologies Draft Shape, which proposes a direction for ICT curriculum. This paper is located at: http://www.acara.edu.au/curriculum/technologies.html

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Paula

Paula Christophersen
ICT Curriculum Manager