[elearning] Online media, tagging and voting

Paul Chandler paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Sat Oct 30 09:20:19 EST 2010

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a product ... something which allows students to upload
media object (images, movies, mp3s but also urls to other online resources),
allows the uploader [and others] to tag them [according to both
system-defined and user defined tags], vote on them [eg 5 stars method], and
maybe comment on them.

It seemed like a fairly simple sort of request when I first thought it up,
but I've been unable to find a product which does that without needing to
create a blog or blog entry.

Any ideas?

I'm reasonably familiar with wordpress and elgg, but maybe there's plugin or
two that I've overlooked.  But I'm less familiar with drupal etc.  Also
stumbled across Drigg, Pligg, Boo and SemanticScuttle (amongst others) and
some of these seem to "nearly" fit the bill, but it's too hard to tell
whether they are rerstricted to images only.  What systems have I not looked
into?

Thanks in advance!

--
Dr Paul Chandler
Research Fellow: Multimedia grammatical design and authoring pedagogy

located at Australian Children's Television Foundation
145 Smith Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, 3065
e-mail: paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Ph: 0400 198 187
Fax: (03) 9419 0660
Skype: paul.d.chandler