[elearning] iPad also on ultranet

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Mon Oct 25 11:57:48 EST 2010

Hi All
I am still chasing the innovation thing and have thought a lot about
comments on and off list.

Those of you with access to the ultranet might like to go to community  and
search on iPad and find:
00849 iPad for learning

Ultimately it is what one does with the tool that inspires, engages,
involves.

If we are here to facilitate learning experiences in a student centred
environment then what we use matters less than what we do.

>From an eLearning perspective I believe that we need to be au fait with the
tools that the students use so that we can use them to deliver the learning
experience to achieve the curriculum goal and improve/increase the students¹
knowledge, experience and wisdom.

The tool  need to become as important as the biro.
When I was young we used ink and graduating to a pen was important (as were
the inevitable smudges).
Now we do not have that problem... So far the thinkers have considered the
outcome, the goal and the process; the tools are iportant (pun intended) but
not consuming...?

Andrew Shortell
Wallan SC