[elearning] Innovation and the next big thing(s)

Paul Chandler paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Fri Oct 22 10:12:08 EST 2010

In the spirit of sharing ...

> I intend that all of these ideas be shared because there might be something
> that will spark others into enhancing student learning experiences.

About a decade ago, as I was on the cusp of moving to a new school, I
also asked the list about the "next big thing".  The answer: virtual
worlds, vrml etc.  But what happened?  Web2.0!

I think projects like OpenCobalt have a real potential to be "the next
big thing".  Emerging out of Alan Kay's work, this is effort to
develop a collaborative, peer-to-peer virtual spaces.  Think of it as
being what gopher was to file sharing, and what web pages are to
sharing information.

Cheers,

--
Dr Paul Chandler
Research Fellow

located at Australian Children's Television Foundation
145 Smith Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, 3065
e-mail: paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Ph: 0400 198 187
Fax: (03) 9419 0660
Skype: paul.d.chandler