[elearning] IWB's in secondary schools

Jo McLeay jbmcleay at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 15:14:36 EST 2008

Karen, that sounds fantastic. Do you have a copy of
the "interactive jigsaw" that you can share with us?
--- Karen Austen <kausten at star.melb.catholic.edu.au>
wrote:

> hi everyone
> I used to teach year 7 8 and 9 students how to
> create their bibliographies
> using pens and paper.  If you have ever tried
> getting blood out of a stone
> you may have an idea of how much fun those lessons
> were!  I now have an
> "interactive jigsaw" created for use on the IWB and
> the students are
> engaged, actively answering my questions and at the
> end of the lesson they
> know how to correctly write their bibliographies.
> Yes the electronic
> whiteboards are expensive, but for some of the tasks
> I have set in the
> past, they are worth their weight in gold.
> --
> Karen Austen
>
> e-Learning Facilitator
> Star of the Sea College
> Martin Street Gardenvale Vic
> tel 061 03 9596 6099
>
> --
> THINK B4U CLICK! - www.netalert.gov.au
>

> This email and any attachments may be confidential
> and, if you are not the
>
> intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the
> information in this
>
> mail. If received in error, please notify us
> immediately and delete the
>
> Email and all copies. The school does not guarantee
> that this Email is virus
>
> free or error free. The attached files are provided
> and may only be used on
>
> the basis that the user assumes all responsibility
> for any loss, damage or
>
> consequence resulting directly or indirectly from
> the use of the attached
>
> files, whether caused by the negligence of the
> sender or not. The content
>
> and opinions in this Email are not necessarily those
> of Star of the Sea
>
> College.
> and Assessment Authority and
> http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian

Jo McLeay
The Open Classroom http://theopenclassroom.blogspot.com
Directory of Australian Edubloggers http://australianedubloggers.pbwiki.com
password: edubloggers

This e-mail is [ ] private [ ] bloggable/quotable [ ] please ask first