[elearning] IWB's in secondary schools

Karen Austen kausten at star.melb.catholic.edu.au
Wed Mar 12 13:11:59 EST 2008

hi everyone
I used to teach year 7 8 and 9 students how to create their bibliographies
using pens and paper.  If you have ever tried getting blood out of a stone
you may have an idea of how much fun those lessons were!  I now have an
"interactive jigsaw" created for use on the IWB and the students are
engaged, actively answering my questions and at the end of the lesson they
know how to correctly write their bibliographies.  Yes the electronic
whiteboards are expensive, but for some of the tasks I have set in the
past, they are worth their weight in gold.
--
Karen Austen

e-Learning Facilitator
Star of the Sea College
Martin Street Gardenvale Vic
tel 061 03 9596 6099

--
THINK B4U CLICK! - www.netalert.gov.au

This email and any attachments may be confidential and, if you are not the

intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information in this

mail. If received in error, please notify us immediately and delete the

Email and all copies. The school does not guarantee that this Email is virus

free or error free. The attached files are provided and may only be used on

the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or

consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached

files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content

and opinions in this Email are not necessarily those of Star of the Sea

College.