[elearning] Staff ICT skills

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Jul 24 12:45:14 EST 2008

If you are looking into Web2.0, make sure that your school's Internet
policy will work with it. Web2.0 is based around affordable internet
access with large or unlimited download plans - something Australia is
not known for.
I am not going to include any web2.0 tools as necessary in our plans
if it is going to put undue pressure on kids home net access. The idea
of 24/7 access via web2.0 tools (the main advantage of it) is not very
attractive on a 400Mb/mth plan. Factoring in the $ of net access over
the whizz-bang is something to consider.

Cheers
Cameron
ICT CinC
Mooroolbark College