[Design and Technology] Which CAD to learn

Lewis C lewis.clark at gilson.vic.edu.au
Fri Aug 21 04:10:32 UTC 2020

I started using Onshape last year. It’s free, can run on most computers as it’s browser based.

I started using Fusion this year and wouldn’t look back (assuming computers can run it). They’re similar in they way you draw. Onshape seems to be a stripped back version of Fusion. We started with these tutorials on YT and students picked it up within a few weeks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yPKMSb6ja8&t=1s <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yPKMSb6ja8&t=1s>

Here’s a headphone stand I wasp laying around with. The renderings are fantastic. https://a360.co/30V5IbX <https://a360.co/30V5IbX>

Lewis.