[Design and Technology] Further concern about VCE Product Design and Technology assessment

Rogers, Geoff grogers at woodleigh.vic.edu.au
Thu Aug 20 07:41:22 UTC 2020

Hi Jacinta. Thanks for putting me onto the edumail. We certainly have many very articulated and committed members out there. I’m in favour of scrapping Criteria 6-9 to create a level playing field – students aiming for high scores would not be affected as they’ll get the chance to excel in the exam and in their SAC’s regardless. A great many of the students choose the subject to extend their skills and creativity and they will be highly disappointed----- I’m avoiding discussing this with them at the moment. As a sort of consulation---if we get back next term---- we could offer them workshop time to complete their creations ---- maybe they could put the finishing touches on during the holidays, and perhaps aim for a virtual exhibition early nexrt year when their work could be showcased. Anyway, just a thought. I hope they give us a clear response soon. Cheers.