[Design and Technology] Further concern about VCE Product Design and Technology assessment

Jacinta O'Leary jacinta.oleary at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 03:41:23 UTC 2020

Hello dear fantastic D&T teachers
My questions are ... how to score students on the VASS sheet for AC 6-9? Do
we put 0/10 for those unable to access any workshop equipment, materials
etc. in other words zero workshop time OR do we put NA OR do we
calculate/predict a score for AC 6-9?
If we put zero on the score sheet, how do we compensate the students later?
With more paperwork?
Do we put 0/10 or NA for those who didn't get started, but put a score for
those who have almost finished (sewing at home) and are all in the same
class?
Or should we aim to score all of our class with a mix of actual and
'predictive' scores?
What is the best approach?
Jacinta