[Design and Technology] **FREE Documentary Australia Foundation PL **

Monique Dalli m.dalli at cccc.vic.edu.au
Thu Aug 2 21:51:11 EDT 2018

Dear DATTA educators,

Caroline Chisholm Catholic College is hosting a PL for our English/Media/Drama/Technology/Primary staff run by Documentary Australia Foundation.  The two day workshop is utlising a grant, this means there is no outlay costs for schools to participate with us as we have applied for a grant - schools need only to pay for their CRT cover.

The details of the PL:

No cost: The program has been funded by Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation and Dusseldorp Forum and will be delivered for free. Note that schools/teachers will need to cover their own lunch and any other expenses

The course is delivered over one or two x 6.5 hour days 22nd & 23rd August. There is about 5.5 hours of content each day, and an hour for breaks/lunch.

The first day is the ‘Essentials’ course where we take teachers through the lesson plans and activities we have developed and do some filmmaking skills training.
Tools for Teachers
Mapping documentary & filmmaking to the syllabus
Strategies for how to teach documentary filmmaking with apps - Introduction to Documentary
Lunch
Strategies for how to teach documentary filmmaking with apps – Filmmaking Skills Circuit Training
Recap & wrap up

The second day is where we work as a group (or small groups) to make a documentary film. By going through the process from start to finish, teachers gain more practical insights, greater confidence and will have a product to show their students to lead by example.

Here is a video that showcases work created at Korumburra and Yarram last year:
https://vimeo.com/245340067  Password: DAF.Ed1117

Info about DAF and how their work supports schools: https://www.documentaryaustralia.com.au/page/1119/ed

Please reply by return email of you are interested in sharing this PL opportunity with Caroline Chisholm Catholic College staff as spaces are limited.

Monique Dalli

Director of Professional Learning
[cid:imagea18cde.JPG at 77078f79.44963807]
Caroline Chisholm Catholic College
204 Churchill Avenue, Braybrook 3019

        :       03 9296 5311

f       :       03 9296 5381

        :       m.dalli at cccc.vic.edu.au<mailto:m.dalli at cccc.vic.edu.au>

        :       www.cccc.vic.edu.au<http://www.cccc.vic.edu.au>

follow us:
 [cid:image553abd.PNG at aef73418.44b4c442] <https://www.facebook.com/carolinechisholmcatholiccollege>  [cid:imaged9b47f.PNG at 22c2cfd8.488c069a] <https://twitter.com/CCCC_Braybrook>  [cid:image6e0020.PNG at ecc351ae.44850a3b] <https://www.instagram.com/carolinechisholmcatholiccoll/>  [cid:imagea8cd87.PNG at ae3c1a7d.4e99e6d9] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGb1LBzP2W9L-jQgNbzjiig>
[cid:imagea18cde.JPG at 77078f79.44963807]
[cid:imageed6309.JPG at 2d358c27.41856802]

This Email and any attachments may be confidential and, if you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information in this mail. If received in error, please notify us immediately and delete the Email and all copies. Caroline Chisholm Catholic College does not guarantee that this Email is virus or error free.

The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.

Caroline Chisholm Catholic College is a Child Safe school.

All Third Party Contractors (service providers) and external educational providers engaged by the College are responsible for contributing to the safety and protection of children in the College environment.

The College has a comprehensive Child Safety Program which includes our Child Safety Policy and its related code of conduct. Both these documents are readily accessible on the College website: http://www.cccc.vic.edu.au/ or by contacting the College directly. For further information related to the College Child Safety program, please contact the College. The Deputy Principal (Strategic & Educational Innovation) oversees the College Child Safety Program.

Caroline Chisholm Catholic College takes being eSmart seriously. We encourage everyone to be smart, safe and responsible online.

The content and opinions in this Email are not necessarily those of Caroline Chisholm Catholic College.