[Design and Technology] New Victorian Curriculum

Connie YOUDAN cy at sthelena.vic.edu.au
Fri Jan 20 13:09:37 AEDT 2017

Thanks Lisa

________________________________
From: destech-bounces at edulists.com.au <destech-bounces at edulists.com.au> on behalf of Lisa Walsh <lisaw at avilacollege.vic.edu.au>
Sent: Friday, 20 January 2017 8:09:08 AM
To: Design and Technology Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Design and Technology] New Victorian Curriculum

Dear Connie,

I am unsure what year levels specifically but with semester Units it is often hard to cram in all requirements. I find discussion of case studies, where designers have been innovative in finding solutions to problems that can demonstrate social, economic and environmental sustainability in action are helpful at any level.

Perhaps also looking for designed solutions which have responded to a particular need within your own community.

The Keep Cup story has a lot of available resources.
Here is a not so new one for discussion that my son passed on to me recently...
http://www.ippinka.com/blog/alfa-9-cardboard-bicycle/

Also, as an introduction to sustainability for the younger levels there is a short animation...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJNZge1E1o

Lisa Walsh
Design & Technology
Avila College