[Design and Technology] New Victorian Curriculum

Lisa Walsh lisaw at avilacollege.vic.edu.au
Fri Jan 20 08:09:08 AEDT 2017

Dear Connie,

I am unsure what year levels specifically but with semester Units it is
often hard to cram in all requirements. I find discussion of case studies,
where designers have been innovative in finding solutions to problems that
can demonstrate social, economic and environmental sustainability in action
are helpful at any level.

Perhaps also looking for designed solutions which have responded to a
particular need within your own community.

The Keep Cup story has a lot of available resources.
Here is a not so new one for discussion that my son passed on to me
recently...
http://www.ippinka.com/blog/alfa-9-cardboard-bicycle/

Also, as an introduction to sustainability for the younger levels there is
a short animation...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJNZge1E1o

*Lisa Walsh*
Design & Technology