[Design and Technology] Cad Programs

Satchell, John R satchell.john.r at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Apr 26 12:15:10 AEST 2017

Hi my name is John, I teach Product design and Technology (wood) to years 9,10,11 and 12.
I am hoping to purchase a CNC or Laser cutter for the school in the next year. I have however, very little skill in using CAD programs. I was hoping someone could suggest a good program (i.e. Fusion 360, Auto desk, google sketch up, etc…) that would be able to work with one of these machines that I would be able to teach my self or do a course in to help me up skill. I would also be teaching the students to use the program as well.

Further to this if anyone has any suggestions/preference/experience with either a laser cutter or CNC machine that would be great.

Kind regards.

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Training.