[Design and Technology] Young ICT Explorers - Student Technlogy Showcase

Davone Pope admin at datta.vic.edu.au
Mon May 26 16:06:32 EST 2014

From: Joy, Travis
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:52 AM
To: admin at datta.vic.edu.au
Subject: Young ICT Explorers - Student Technlogy Showcase

Dear Design and Technologies Teachers Association.

My name is Travis Joy, I am the event manager for Young ICT Explorers (YICTE). Supported by SAP, Digital Careers and Swinburne University.

http://www.youngictexplorers.net.au/

Young ICT Explorers is a free event that encourages students to develop technology projects and share their creative ideas at our judging event held on the 23rd of August at Swinburne University. At the event we have members of the ICT community from varying backgrounds evaluating and providing encouragement for the students creations and awarding prizes for their efforts.

YICTE is open to all students in Years 3 – 12 in Victoria. Any technology related projects can be entered in to the events. The competition is kept broad to allow for many different disciplines and types of technology to be entered and showcased. And in doing so YICTE compliments the school curriculum enabling students to enter projects they are currently working on in the classroom.

This will be our inaugural event for YICTE Victoria and we would like to invite students to participate from as many different technology related back grounds as possible. It would be great if we could reach Design and Technology Teachers and Students through your network and offer this opportunity to potentially showcase their work.

It would be great to talk to you further about the event this year.

Kind Regards,

Travis Joy

Event Manager

Young ICT Explorers