[Design and Technology] News from DATTA Vic

Scott Phillips scott at the-robots-are-coming.com
Tue Dec 16 15:33:36 EST 2014

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your newsletter, and congratulations on your new job.  I've had
the pleasure of interacting with staff at DATTA Vic on several occasions,
and so I know that it will be a very collegial work environment.

I thought I'd write back and give you a heads-up about what I do, which is,
generally speaking, teach people about 3D printing.  I work in schools
teaching students about CAD and 3D printing, most usually Preshil Senior
School in Kew, and I also run PD programs for teachers as well.   I have an
ongoing series of ticketed public workshops, of which I've run about 50 in
the last 18 months or so, and have done events for various local councils.
Increasingly my interests are focussed on 3D scanning.

I invite you to take a look at my website, which will give you a little
more of an idea about what I do.

Let me know if you have any events coming up that might benefit from having
a 3D printing and scanning demonstration.

Kind regards,

Scott Phillips
ᐧ
scott at the-robots-are-coming.com