[Design and Technology] LOOKING FOR A JOB - PD&T and ART teacher

Cranswick, Philip H cranswick.philip.h at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Sep 16 12:44:45 EST 2013

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for a teaching position for 2014 in the eastern, north eastern or south eastern suburbs. I thought l might just put it out there in the hopes that you may be aware of a position becoming available, Thanks.

Teaching in Australia, Canada and India has provided me a broad professional experience in Product Design and Technology - Wood/Metals/Plastics, the Visual Arts, Sculpture/Ceramics, Digital Photography, ICT and VCD. I can make a effective contribution to the learning and growth of the student community.

Recently, I've been involved in the amalgamation of two colleges. As the Leader of the Design, Creativity and Technology Domain, I have collaborated with my peers to reassert effective teaching practices and develop our Curriculum around AusVELS to suit a very diverse cohort of local and EAL students.

I give priority to creating a secure, orderly and safe environment where students are respected and valued. When this relationship is established, delightful learning takes place. Effective learning is central to my teaching. Students challenge students to apply their creativity, imagination and critical thinking to sustainable design and innovative product development.

In my previous position at Aitken College, I worked on establishing a great Technology facility, I was included and trusted to offer my experience to put together building plans with architects and the schools administration.

I have a professional interest in sustainable design particularly the principles around Cradle to Cradle.

Over the past thirteen years I've also had a passion in promoting the use of SolidWorks, an engineering 3D CAD program in Victorian schools and the use of innovative technology such as 3D printers in the design process and one off parts for student work.

I love teaching. As long as I can remember, I’ve been passionate about designing and making. I enjoy working with students, particularly seeing them engaged in their learning and realising their own value and potential over their years at school.

I would be pleased to expand on the above and answer any questions that you may have. Please contact me pdcranswick at gmail.com.au or 0435523791 if you know of a position that may be coming up at your school.

Cheers,

Phil Cranswick - Arts and Technology Domain Leader