[Design and Technology] (no subject)

Pitt, David pi at camhigh.vic.edu.au
Sun Sep 15 18:56:12 EST 2013

If it makes you feel better - I am at Camberwell High and we have a 70% boy to 30% girl ratio in the school at all.

I had 5 female students total  in Year 9 and above this year across 9 elective subjects (3 Year 9 Materials, 2 year 9 systems, 2 year 10 systems, 1 year 10 Materials, 1 VCE Product Design and tech).

Making progress, but getting girls in is proving very difficult.  They perceive it as a "boy subject", and unfortunately when the core 8's are seeing Year 9 classes running with 20 boys and 2 girls, it's hard to convince them otherwise.

David.
Camberwell High School.