[Design and Technology] Teachers of Units 3 /4 Product design and technology - assessment criteria 2013 and reports from 2012

Jacinta O'Leary jacinta.oleary at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 11:53:35 EST 2013

yes - 'value adding' was removed from the key skills or key knowledge as a
term. It does exist once, however, in the description of Area of Study 2 in
Unit 3!
The word 'value/s' is present in a lot of other places but mainly in
reference to Area of study 1 in Unit 4.

Remember that most content of the text book was completed before the
absolute final version of the study design! The study design is the bible!

I think (my opinion only!) that students need to understand the term, as
they need to understand:
* '........the reasons why design and innovation is integral to value
adding to products.'*
(page 28 of study design in the Area of Study introduction)

The key knowledge is

   - design and innovation and its importance in the product development
   process

hope this helps
Jacinta