[Design and Technology] Researching - Additive manufacturing in Product Design Education

Cranswick, Philip H cranswick.philip.h at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Sep 13 13:38:58 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get feedback from schools currently using 3D Printers / Additive manufacturing technology in Secondary colleges.  If you can offer advise please do.

Prices range from $2,000 to $65,000.  I've always just sent student .stl files to Formero in Hawthorn, but prices have come down. Relevent draw card for students interested in Design and manufacturing as many believe it is the future for batch manufacturing in Australia

Regards,

Philip Cranswick
The Arts and Design, Creativity and Technology
Croydon Maroondah College