[Design and Technology] thanks for link and exam feedback

Aeschlimann, Heather j Aeschlimann.Heather.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Nov 25 12:33:54 EST 2011

Hi all,

It is interesting how we all see things differently, I guess coming from a different material area I have a different experience.

First, the question on the Product Development cycle is a prime example of the difference between the Study Design - which is what we must teach, and the text book, which is an aid but which the exam is not wriiten to.

In the study design there are four areas so that is what will be marked. Always good to check, particularly with a new study design.

Second, fabric kids are never disadvantaged. The question on the properties/characteristics of fabric for chair covers was so biased to fabric students. How would fabric students cope identifying the properties and characteristics of glass or jarrah or aluminium?

The stool design brief was too restrictive and perscriptive for wood/metal kids limiting their ability to be creative.

So it probably all balances out.

Cheers, Heather