[Design and Technology] OHS space requirements in workshops

Richard Bazeley bazeley at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 9 17:02:17 EST 2011

I am sure we would all like to see that one. Most of the information put out
by the Department concerns the safe use of machinery. However there must be
some guidelines for architects for the design of the Trade Training centres
about how much space should be available per student in a Technology room.
It also comes down to how many the principal thinks should be in the room.
Were "practicable" I believe is the expression.
Below is a link to information that is available to NSW Industrial Arts
Teachers regarding machinery safe work areas.
http://web2.warilla-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/dept/Industrial%20Arts/Improving%20
workshop%20safety/iws/docs/inf_inst/bandsaw_metal_wood.pdf
Good Luck
Richard Bazeley
St.Arnaud