[Design and Technology] Top Designs at Melbourne Museum - spaces still available

Tran, Lorraine I tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Apr 29 08:34:12 EST 2010

Top Designs at Melbourne Museum

The Top Designs VCE education program for 2010 is almost fully booked!
However, we do have some spaces available in the following Design and
Technology sessions!

*         Introductory Talk, 18th of May, 1.00pm with VCAA State
Reviewer

*	Forum, 26th of May, 9.30am, with VCAA State Reviewer and
industrial designer Stuart McFarlane

Stuart McFarlane

Since Graduating in Industrial Design at RMIT in 2003, Stuart McFarlane
has developed a unique "conscientious design" approach which has earned
him international acclaim. His studio creates interiors, product design,
and edition furniture and lighting, all incorporating social, economic
and environmental determinants. Stuart's awards include Top Australian
Design Graduate of 2004 by Monument Architectural journal and finalist
in the Bombay Sapphire Design Discovery Awards and the Rigg Contemporary
Design Award.  In 2007 he was appointed by the City of Melbourne as
Ambassador for Melbourne Design in Milan. Stuart McFarlane belongs to
the permanent collection of the Powerhouse Museum.

www.stuartmcfarlane.com

*	Forum, 1st of June, 9.30am, and 11.30am with VCAA State Reviewer
and Automotive Designer Brian Tanti

Brian Tanti

Born in Malta in 1962, Brian trained as a coachbuilder working at the
high end of the automotive restoration /prototype industry, gaining an
international reputation for quality and excellence in vehicle
construction. Lord Elgin, the World President of the 20-Ghost Club, the
oldest Rolls Royce Club in the World, described him as "without peer and
certainly the best he had seen", and Daimler Chrysler Chairman Jurgen
Schremp acknowledged him as "one of the best car builders in the world".

Currently Brian is a consultant to the Fox Car Collection and has
recently co-founded the AutoHorizon Foundation. This has been
established to promote Australian automotive innovation/ manufacturing
and career options for the next generation within the auto industry,
while further delivering charitable outcomes to the community.

www.autohorizon.com.au

*	Focus on Fashion -Forum, 1st of June, 9.30am, and 11.30am with
VCAA State Reviewer and Eco-fashion designer CJ Baxter

CJ Baxter

CJ Baxter runs the Melbourne-based fashion and accessories label Twisted
Fig, which creates one-off and limited-run pieces, with environmental
and ethical issues at the forefront of its design ethos.

Often more costume than fashion, Baxter aims to 'stitch stories into
cloth' and encourage a sense of wonder and imagination in the wearer-
pieces that people will want to have fun wearing.

With most pieces created using reclaimed materials and pre-loved
existing garments, Baxter is passionate about operating her business in
the most environmentally sustainable way possible, offering her clients
a more ethical and imaginative alternative to main stream fashion
trends.

www.twistedfig.com.au

To book and for enquiries on costs and visiting information, call 1300
130 152

Lorraine Tran I Curriculum Manager

VELS Design, Creativity and Technology

VCE Agricultural and Horticultural Studies I VCE Food and Technology

VCE Design and Technology I VCE Systems Engineering

Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA)

41 St Andrews Place I East Melbourne I 3002

W (03) 9651 4407 I M 041 933 1630

E tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au
<mailto:tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au>

The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority provides high quality
curriculum, assessment and reporting that promotes individual life long
learning.