[Design and Technology] Lamp fittings

Ripley, Robert R ripley.robert.r at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Jul 22 13:52:04 EST 2008

In Victoria the relevant legislation for electrical safety is the Electrical Safety Act 1998 and associated regulations.
Only persons who hold an appropriate current electrical licence are permitted to carry out electrical work on products or equipment that require voltage greater than 50 volts AC or 120 volts ripple-free DC.
This requirement means that students are not permitted to carry out any electrical work on electrical products or equipment that operates above 50 volts AC or 120 ripple-free DC.
from: Systems Engineering, Study Design

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 3370 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.edulists.com.au/pipermail/destech/attachments/20080722/ebb0f0ec/attachment.bin

More information about the destech mailing list