[Informatics] Big Data in Schools

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 05:56:07 UTC 2019

Good point about APA referencing, here is a handy guide that others may enjoy reading.

A Reference Guide is Not a Book of Spells…
By Liz Hardy 2015-09-21 LinkedIN
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/referencing-guide-hocus-pocus-dr-liz-hardy <https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/referencing-guide-hocus-pocus-dr-liz-hardy>
But it sure looks that way to many new students. They take one look at all those rules about dates, commas, italics and brackets - and flip out. Right away, referencing starts getting weird. In fact, it looks a little bit like witchcraft.

Regards Roland

PS: Say Mark, what happens to the Internet if I reference a citation nestled inside an email? If I am cunning with time zones and laptop clock, I could in theory reset the time so that it is cited before it is sent, creating a paradox if it dissuades me from writing the original citation and destroying the discussion thread, spawning a new time stream filled with Schrödinger lolcats.

Kelly, M. (2019, Mar 21). Re: [Informatics] Big Data in Schools [Electronic mailing list message].
	Retrieved from http://www.edulists.com.au/pipermail/informatics

PSS: to commemorate the Eleventh Doctor's first appearance, April 3 is now intergalactic Fish Fingers and Custard Day.