[Informatics] Hypothesis

Russo, Frank R Russo.Frank.R at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Dec 18 23:05:29 EST 2017

Hi Sylvia

Having just been to RYDA with our year 10’s a few week ago I was really amazed at the statistics from VicRoads.
In Victoria Learner Drivers are the safest but 18 to 25 year olds account for around 65% of people killed and injured on our roads and this decrease over time with age.
For the rest of Australia the driving age starts at 17 it would be an interesting Hypothesis the difference of getting your licence at 17 compared to 18 and the difference in numbers?
But if they were looking into Victoria then I would agree with Tony say 18-20, or 18-25 it would be interesting to see what statistics are available from Vicroads and RYDA which operates in Australia and New Zealand.

At a quick glance VicRoads and RYDA both have some awesome statistics available:
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/safety-statistics/crash-statistics
http://www.rse.org.au

Hope this helps

Frank Russo
Mobile: 0409022197
Work: 9781 7700
Daily Organiser
Teacher:- Digital Technologies, Computing, Informatics, Robotics & Mathematics
AEU Branch President
Consultative & Planning Committee Member
[Monterey_Secondary_College_logo]
Silvertop Street
Frankston North
Victoria, Australia